Slavic Island - Zofin

Slavic Island - Zofin Slavic Island - Zofin

Description

Slavic Islan is located by the National Theatre. It used to belong to a sking dyer Ignac Saenger. In 1836 new landlord had reconstructed oldy inn into a restaurant and since 1838 the island is named after by Princess Sophie of Bavaria, mother of emperor Franz Joseph. In 1848 the island hold Slavic congress and the island was bought by the municipal authority and today's palace was build and served as a centre of social life until Municipal House at the Republic Square was built in 1912